Our ideal candidate will have a logistics background in air export operations and extensive international logistics expertise.
Tasks will be in conjunction with the Export Operations Team and Station Manager to provide direct support for air export operations and growth initiatives. This position will work in support of key accounts, new customer onboarding, customer quoting and all coordination requirements for air export handling, A-Z.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Customer Quoting: Participate in direct customer quoting.
• Process of Air Export shipments from Start to Finish, issuing of Airwaybills, track, and track, and invoicing.
• RFQ and Proposal Preparation: Collect pricing and prepare sales proposals for key accounts and target accounts.
• New Customer Onboarding: Manage the sending and collection of all required documentation: Client App; POA; signed quotations; other.
• Various reporting
• Participate in company action planning, monthly team meetings, and operational goal setting.
• Receive, qualify and handle assigned agent routed transactions from start to finish.
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills:
• 3-5 years of experience in international air export operations.
• Previous knowledge/experience in profit sharing with overseas agents.
• DG Certified
• Attention to Detail – requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Sound Judgment – requires making judgment calls and thinking about the end result and overall requirement.
• Organized – must have the ability to multi-task in a controlled manner and must be able to find material/information in a systematized fashion.
• Excellent communication skills
• Initiative – demonstrate a proactive and pragmatic approach to completing tasks and fulfilling customer and company requirements.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Willingness to learn/cross train new skills, (i.e. Ocean Exports, Imports, and Domestic Transportation)
A professional attitude is a must.
Office Location: Rancho Dominguez, CA
Requested Document Notes:
**Please include a list of professional references along with your cover letter, resume and work/education experience.
International Business Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics Desired Major(s) College of Business/Operations Management, College of Business/Finance, College of Business/Marketing, College of Business/Management, College of Business/Management Information Systems, College of Business/International Business,
Desired Class Level(s)
AA or BA/BS Highly preferred